If you are struggling with a chronic disease, you are not alone. 60% of adults in the US have a chronic disease of some kind. And 40% of adults in the US are struggling with at least 2 chronic diseases.
Chronic diseases are defined broadly as conditions that last one year or more and require ongoing medical attention or limit your activities, work or quality of life.
Chronic Diseases can be physically, mentally and emotionally challenging and exhausting. Step by step, we can work together to help you feel better and have better health.
Chronic Diseases I can help you with
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Muscle Pain and Weakness
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
- Diabetes -Type 2
- Liver Diseases – including NAFLD, medication and alcohol injured liver, chronic hepatitis
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Recurrent Infections, decreased immune system response
- Inflammatory conditions and some types of arthritis
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Post Sepsis Syndrome
- Post illness and surgery recovery, if not going as smoothly as hoped
- Long Covid and Post Acute Covid Syndrome
The other health conditions that can be chronic are found on other pages on this website.. Please look at those pages as well to see additional chronic conditions I can help with.
- Hormone and Endocrine issues
- Neurological concerns
- Mental health concerns
- Fatigue, stamina and energy
- Stress-related conditions and burn out
My approach to help you with your chronic health concerns
The goal is to improve your day-to-day quality of life, to be able to function better at home and work. AND to help put control of your health back in your hands. This doesn’t happen overnight, so there are a number of steps.
- I spend the time to get to know you and your history. Most people with chronic disease have a history of their illness and their lives that do not fit into a short visit. This is why my first appointment is 90 minutes. It is important to me to get as much of the bigger and smaller pictures as possible.
- It is important for me to look at the evaluations you have had already. I look at those records as well as any other records that are pertinent to the neuropathy. I take a multi-systems approach and look at the genetic, biological, neurological, biochemical, hormonal, environmental, medications, nutritional aspects of what is going on for you and address whether they are contributing to your symptoms.
- I will address both the acute symptoms and the underlying root cause of the symptoms. This way you can get some more short-term relief while uncovering and treating the underlying cause of the problems.
- I integrate the best of both natural and conventional medicine for individualized treatments and care to help you get back on your feet.
Discuss your health needs, our services and determine whether this is a good fit for you on your health journey