Optimal Health and Wellness is individual and changes over time and circumstances. Optimal Health and Wellness is more than just the absence of disease. It is about quality of life and includes body, mind, emotions and spirit.
How do I help?
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Diet and nutritional evaluation and recommendations. This can include Lab-based testing along with educated evaluation of diet and dietary needs for your specific situation.
- Herbal Medicines- To improve different functions of the body. One category of herbs that are often used to ‘balance’ are adaptogens. Since I have years of training and experience, I will also use other herbs as needed. This can be supplements or teas or foods.
- Nutraceuticals and dietary supplements- I evaluate diet, lifestyle, exercise, symptoms, lab-testing and goals and recommend supplements.
- Basic physiological needs assessment and help with some guidance of remedies. WATER, BREATHIING, SLEEP. These are critical for life. By improving and optimizing these, no matter what else is going on, it will be easier for you to heal, find balance and improve your health, wellbeing and quality of life.
- Short-term counseling.
- Exercise, movement.
- Home and work routines and adjustment recommendations for balance
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Discussions and recommendations for health technology
And the most important thing I do is listen to you and what is important to YOU at this moment for improving your quality of life. Sometimes winning an upcoming race is the most important immediately and then the recovery will be the next important thing. Sometimes just finding ways to keep it all together right now is important to get to the place to prioritize. That is ok too. And sometimes sleep is the most important thing and then a person can even think about the other things. Each person is a beautiful unique person at a unique point of time in their lives.
Who do I help?
Any adult that is looking for achieve better health, performance, recovery, sleep, balance in their lives and just a helpful guide through all the information out there around health.
- Health education, such as how much alcohol can you drink before increasing your risk of specific cancers, or how long to wait to exercise after an injury.
- Identifying risks and then coming up with a plan to mitigate those risks and/or come up with early detection plan. Looking at you as an individual, your family history and genetics. For instance, if you have a family history of heart disease or dementia or cancers, how can we intervene now, get testing and find ways to prevent or slow down these diseases.
- Reviewing your diet and nutrition and optimizing for your specific health needs. If you are an athlete, you may have different needs than a sedentary tech worker. I work with where you live and what your access is to foods, social environment and your ideals around food.
- Occupational health risks and prevention. Different jobs have different risks involved. I work with you to identify those risks and find ways to mitigate negative outcomes. For instance, I work shift workers and First Responders and Veterans. These groups have higher risks of numerous diseases because of their sleep, stress and what they are exposed to mentally or physically. Identifying, educating and coming up with a plan to mitigate those risks can help prevent more severe health issues in the future.
- Exercise and lifestyle – Individualized for your specific needs at a specific time. For instance, for folks recovering from serious illness or for elderly, getting exercise that will help balance issues and strength will help decrease falls and fractures.
- Lifestyle medicine
- Stress Management
- Reviewing side effects or nutritional deficiencies causes by medications you are taking and how can we manage that? For instance, Metformin causes B12 deficiency, so how can we make sure you get adequate B12 absorption, whether shots or otherwise.
- Reviewing diet and nutrition and optimizing for your specific health needs. If you are an athlete, you may have different needs than a sedentary tech worker. I work with where you live and what your access is to foods, social environment and your ideals around food.
- Early Detection guidelines and testing
Discuss your health needs, our services and determine whether this is a good fit for you on your health journey