Telemedicine is convenient and cost-effective. You can have your appointment in the comfort of your own home, or even behind closed doors at your office or in your car.
- If you are at home, your medicines and supplements are easily accessed. You do not need to drag them around to an office visit. Also, if we are discussing specific food products or cleaning products that may be impacting your health, they are easily accessible to know what they are.
- You save money, time, and stress by not needing to drive and deal with traffic and parking or find other transportation to an office.
- You have less chance of picking up an infectious disease. Doctors’ offices are filled with people with all kinds of transmissible ailments, including colds, flu, and such. If you are immunocompromised, telemedicine is especially helpful in this regard.
- No need for childcare or eldercare to attend your appointment.
- Some appointments can be with video, and some can be with phone.
- Privacy- You do not have the risk of running into your co-workers, neighbors, constituents, or friends while in medical buildings or waiting rooms.
- You can access my services from almost anywhere. I am available to much of the US, Canada, and Europe, and Israel.
We Use JaneApp’s Electronic Health Records, online appointments, and Medical Office management system. Here is a direct quote from Jane’s website/administration to answer if the Telemedicine is secure end meets privacy standards.
“Yes! The Jane’s Online Appointments feature was built exclusively within Jane and it is all provided within our secure infrastructure that meets our privacy standards We are not white labeling a 3rd-party solution behind the scenes.
We are using a standard that provides peer-to-peer audiovisual communication. This means that all the traffic flows directly between each user’s web browser and completely bypasses our servers. The traffic is also encrypted in transit and none of the data is stored anywhere at any time.
This approach ensures our online appointments are Pipea and HIPAA compliant and address the major privacy concerns clinics and patients have around telehealth.”
Video, audio or chat communication cannot be recorded during an Online Appointment session. This approach ensures that this feature remains HIPAA compliant and addresses major privacy concerns around telehealth posed by clinics.”